Company admits fault in OKC home explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY - An update to a story we brought you last week, a home explosion caused by a natural gas leak.

It happened on the 2400 block of S.W. 92nd St. and Villa.

Incredibly, no one was seriously injured.

The homeowner was inside this house was baking cookies when her home suddenly exploded.

Five days after the blast debris still covers some yards while doors and windows are boarded up.

Now, the contractor who was working for AT&T accepts responsibility for the blast.

"It's a very unfortunate situation and our heart goes out to all the victims," Robert Evans said, with Arzo, Inc. "I'm very limited on what I can say but it is important that people know we are taking responsibility and are working aggressively to get everything back to normal."

He said there is a lot more information about what happened that is being investigated but could not go into further detail at this time.

Evans said the company values the safety of its employees and clients and it's something they talk about everyday.

"It's a dangerous job, safety is first," he said. "There's a safety meeting held at 6:30, 7:30 every morning. These guys are very good at what they do but anything can happen."

Our previous story on the explosion here

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.