Garage catches fire in Harrah

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


HARRAH, OK -- Authorities say a detached garage caught fire around 4:30 am Friday near N.E. 23rd and Maple Road. The fire was contained to the garage, but there was a lot of damage.

Fire crews say a man that lived in the home had a wood-burning stove in the garage. They believe that may have started the fire.

The man said he had the fire going to keep his cats warm. The garage and it's contents were heavily damaged including a a 1963 Buick he was restoring in the garage.

No injuries were reported.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.