Cat, candle caused south OKC apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


OKLAHOMA CITY - Fire officials have confirmed a candle and a cat are to blame for a south Oklahoma City Apartment fire Monday afternoon. 

The second-floor apartment owner said her cat began running around the apartment which may have led to the candle falling, setting her apartment on fire. 

Authorities said her apartment is destroyed and two other units had smoke and water damage.

The damage to her apartment is estimated around $40,000. 

No injuries were been reported. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.