Oklahoma Watches and Warnings
Live Interactive KFOR Radar

Crews said cigarette may have sparked OKC house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City fire crews raced to the area of S. Penn. Ave. and I-240 after reports of a house fire just before 3:30 a.m. Friday.

When crews arrived near S.W. 76th St. and Charlotte, smoke and flames were coming out of the second floor of that home.

Once crews went inside they found that the home was empty and were able to get the fire under control pretty quickly.

Fire officials said the house was vacant and has a realtor’s lock on the front door.

They believe someone forced their way inside through the back door and that the fire may have been caused by a lit cigarette that was dropped on the floor.

Arson investigators are on scene.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.