Lightning strike sparks natural gas fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A natural gas fire burned for more than two hours early Monday morning as fire crews and Oklahoma Natural Gas crews worked to shut off the natural gas to a ruptured line near Lake Overholser.

About 4 a.m. Monday a lightning strike sparked a fire at a natural gas line at NW 12th and May Side Drive, near NW 10th and Sara Road in Canadian County.

ONG crews were able to cut the gas about 6:30 a.m. Monday.

Fire crews worked in the rain throughout the early morning hours Monday to ensure the flames didn't spread to any nearby structures.

At times, flames reached the tops of the trees in the area.

No injuries were reported.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.