Elementary school evacuated for gas leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY—Gas fumes caused evacuations at a local elementary school Friday morning.

Firefighters say a bad valve at Martin Luther King Elementary School sent fumes into the school cafeteria.

Students and staff were sent outside while crews identified and repaired the problem.

Fortunately, they were able to resume classes shortly after the problem was found.