Second sinkhole appears between Florida homes
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla.—Florida officials are monitoring another sinkhole that appeared three miles from the deadly sinkhole that swallowed a man sleeping in his bed last week.
The land opened up between two homes in Hillsborough County Monday.
The sinkhole is roughly ten feet deep.
There’s no reported damage to the homes but a fence dividing the properties is broken.
County officials say the two sinkholes are not geologically connected.
That’s why they have not imposed an evacuation.
However, one resident living nearby says inspectors have said that her home sits over multiple sinkholes.