Passerby saves woman from burning home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A Good Samaritan rescued a woman from her burning home late Sunday night.

Firefighters are investigating a house fire that sparked about midnight Sunday night in the 2000 block of SW 86th Street.

According to authorities, the man was walking by the home when he saw the flames and pulled the resident to safety through a front window.

When firefighters arrived heavy smoke and flames were pouring from the structure.

"It started in the front bedroom," Oklahoma City Fire Major Mark David said. "This case is still under investigation. We know the fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage. The crews got a real quick knock down on it."

The victim was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

She is expected to be OK.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.