Raging house fire destroys home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An Oklahoma City man's home was destroyed by flames in a fire that ignited twice early Thursday morning.

Fire Department responded to the home in the 2200 block of NW 43rd, near I-44 and Penn after a man called 911 saying his house was full of smoke.

Firefighters arrived to thick, heavy smoke and flames.

The flames appeared to be coming from the back porch of the home.

Fire officials say the fire was started by a candle that was left burning in the master bedroom.

According to authorities the family was living without electricity.

They were running power to the home from a generator.

Several hours after the initial fire, flames ignited again.

About 4 a.m. the fire started back up and firefighters say the flames were too intense.

They could not save the structure.

There was a lot of clutter in the house and garage which contributed to the flames.

The house is a total loss.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.