NFL preseason continues on NBC Sunday night
Sunday Night Football in America continues August 25th, at 7:00 pm CT as the Minnesota Vikings take on the San Francisco 49ers. Catch all the action here on KFOR-TV.
Don’t forget to enter the KFOR Football challenge starting September 1st, 2013. Enter here. You could win a trip to Hawaii! See the rules below. Make your picks every week for a chance to win great prizes.
Here is the latest news from the upcoming Preseason game between the Vikings and the 49ers: Nearly five months after the San Francisco 49ers traded for Colt McCoy, the former Cleveland Browns starting quarterback appears to be in danger of losing his roster spot.
After watching McCoy struggle in the first two preseason games, the 49ers announced Thursday they have signed veteran Seneca Wallace to a one-year contract.
Wallace isn’t guaranteed to push McCoy off the roster, but this is a sign that the team is uneasy about its veteran insurance behind Colin Kaepernick. Although coach Jim Harbaugh has raved about seventh-round draft pick B.J. Daniels, the rookie is better suited for the developmental role of third quarterback.
To free up roster space for Wallace, the 49ers waived wide receiver Ricardo Lockette. The subject of endless offseason puff pieces as Keapernick’s roommate, Lockette has made a habit of shining in minicamp, only to disappear when the pads come on in August.
It was just a few months ago that Harbaugh said of Lockette: “There’s something special there. I just feel it.”
Now that the receiver-needy Harbaugh has thrown in the towel on Lockette and A.J. Jenkins, we have our latest reminder that what the coach says in May is ultimately meaningless.
KFOR Football Challenge Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND PROVIDE TRUTHFUL AND PERTINENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. DISQUALIFICATION IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF KFOR-TV AND/OR LOCAL TV, LLC.
KFOR-TV will conduct the KFOR Football Challenge Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Rules. This Sweepstakes may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. The Sweepstakes is intended for play in the United States only, is void where prohibited, and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Do not participate if you are not eligible and located in the United States at the time of entry.
This Sweepstakes, and all Sweepstakes material, is © 2013 by Local TV LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above, as determined by KFOR-TV and reside in the United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of KFOR-TV, Local TV LLC (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors, promotional agencies and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict the local winners to persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the KFOR-TV’s office. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 1, 2013 at 11:01 pm CDT and ends February 2, 2014 at 11:59 pm CDT. Sponsor and Promotion Parties reserve the right to shorten or extend the Sweepstakes Period.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to KFOR.com/Football and register to play the football challenge. Select the team that you will believe will be the winner of each pro football regular season and playoff game and predict the score for the winning and losing team for designated the tie-breaker game. You may enter your picks and score predictions until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of each game. If you fail to select a winner for any game, your pick will be the team that was selected by the majority of participants. However, you are not eligible to win a weekly prize if you fail to select a winner for more than one game in a given week, and you are not eligible to win the grand prize unless you complete your picks for each game for at least 11 weeks. The point value for selecting the winner of each game is as follows:
Regular Season Games – 1 point
Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Game – 4 points
Conference Finals – 8 points
Championship Game – 16 points
If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game. The participant with the most points for each week of the pro football regular season will be deemed a weekly prize winner. The participant with the highest total “net score” at the end of the season will be deemed the grand prize winner.
A participant’s total “net score” will be determined by subtracting the participant’s four (4) lowest weekly scores from his/her total score for all 21 weeks of the season and playoffs. In the event of a tie for a weekly prize, the tie breaker will be set forth as follows from among all tied participants: (a) the score from the winning team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the winning team, and the difference multiplied by itself, (b) the Score from the losing team will be subtracted from the actual score obtained by the losing team, and the difference is multiplied by itself, (c) the result in (a) is added to the result in (b) to obtain the “Score Approximation.” The participant with the lowest “Score Approximation” will be deemed the winner. If a tie remains, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those still tied. In the event of a tie for the grand prize, the participant with the lowest total “Score Approximation” for week 21, the championship game, will be declared the winner, then working back through the Score Approximations for each of the preceding weeks.
“Pro Football Regular Season Survivor Game” Bonus Game To play the Bonus Game Select the one team you are sure will win each week. If you pick correctly you advance to the next week. However, you can only pick each team to win one time. If a game results in a tie, it counts a win and player advances. If you guess wrong, you are still eligible to continue to participate in the main game. The player who makes it through the entire regular season will win the Bonus Game prize. If more than one player makes it through the entire regular season, the winner will be determined based on the total scores for each player through the end of the regular season, and if there is still a tie, then the last week tiebreaker will be used. Participants with one wrong guess in the Survivor Game will be able to continue to play and are eligible for the second chance prize. Those with more than 2 wrong guesses can continue to play for fun. Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest ends following the start of the pro football Championship Game.
All entries become the property of [Station] and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entrants may be required to become registered users of the website and may not enter the Sweepstakes more than once. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Detection of said automated entry will lead to such entries being voided in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only one registered account per entry. If multiple accounts are detected for a single entrant, the accounts will be voided and the entries will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address or account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion.
4. Prize: The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
Weekly – One NFL themed Fathead of the winner’s choosing will be provided to the winner (as specified above) by Fathead, LLC. The approximate retail value of the weekly prize is between $89 and $99.
Overall – The Grand Prize is a trip for two to Hawaii. Includes airfare from United States and 7 nights lodging in Maui valued at $5,000. Trip must be taken in 2014. Food, gratuity and incidentals not included. Cash prize of $5000 can be substituted for the trip.
Survivor – Overall: $500 Amazon Gift Card, 2nd Chance – $200 Amazon Gift Card, Drawing – $100 Amazon Gift Card
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: A participant grants to Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state/province or residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest; (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES.
8. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor and Promotion Parties, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to require any winner to complete and submit an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until the completed W-9 form is received.
10. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Rules. This Sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If Sponsor determines that an entrant is using the Sweepstakes for gambling purposes, such entrant may be disqualified and reported to the authorities.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KFOR-TV, Local TV, LLC, Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (c) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
12. Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants residing in the State of Oklahoma agree, by participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Oklahoma. Oklahoma law shall govern this Sweepstakes, without regard Oklahoma’s choice of law rules. The courts of Oklahoma shall be the exclusive forum, for entrants residing in the State of Oklahoma, for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
13. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR-TV, located at 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73114 by February 1, 2014. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours from 8:30 am CDT to 5:30 pm CDT at KFOR-TV’s business offices or online at http://www.KFOR.com/Football.
14. WINNERS: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101. Requests must be received by February 28, 2014.
15. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Sweepstakes.
16. Rights Reserved: The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsors and/or UPICKEM without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. UPICKEM is a trademark of Second Street Media, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.