UPDATE: Baby Veronica’s biological father released on bail

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATE 1:20 p.m.: Authorities have released Baby Veronica’s biological father, Dusten Brown, on bail Thursday afternoon.

He turned himself in after Gov. Mary Fallin signed an extradition order to send him to South Carolina to face criminal charges.

Brown’s extradition hearing is set for Oct. 3.

The Tulsa World reports the adoptive parents were supposed to have visitation with Veronica last Saturday but it was stopped after Matt Capobianco threatened to leave with the girl. This is according to Dusten Brown’s attorney, Clark Brewster.

Cherokee marshals recommended that the visit not take place, Brewster said.

The Capobianco’s attorney, Lori McGill issued this statement in response to those allegations:

“Mr. Brewster’s conveniently-timed accusations are outrageous and false and he knows it. Unlike Mr. Brewster’s client, Matt and Melanie Capobianco have consistently and immediately obeyed court orders in both South Carolina and Oklahoma. Desperate people do desperate things, and I expect more of the same from Mr. Brewster in the coming days. And given that Mr. Brown has miraculously been released on bond, yet again in the face of an executed Governor’s warrant, I’d expect the state’s lawyers will take a very hard look at what is going on here.”

TAHLEQUAH, Okla.– An Oklahoma father who is in a custody battle with a South Carolina couple has turned himself over to authorities.

Gov. Mary Fallin signed an extradition order Wednesday to send Dusten Brown back to South Carolina for failing to follow a court order in that state.

A court ordered Brown to hand over his biological daughter, Veronica, to a couple who legally adopted her from Veronica’s birth mother in South Carolina.

He refused and also would not let the Capobianco family visit the girl.

Click here for more information on the case.

On Thursday morning, Brown turned himself over to authorities in Sequoyah County.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.