House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – A family narrowly escaped an early morning house fire on Friday.

The blaze sparked around 2:30 a.m. near S.E. 59th St. and Sunnylane Rd.

When they arrived, fire crews reported that flames were shooting from the front of the home.

Fire officials say two people were inside when the blaze started.

Fortunately, they both made it out safely.

We’re told the house did not have power and the homeowners were using a generator to power the house.

The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.