Edmond students allowed back in school after evacuated for smoke

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EDMOND, Okla. – Some smoke in an Edmond school building gave parents, students and teachers a bit of a scare this morning.

Prairie Vale Elementary School officials said a broken belt in the air conditioner caused the building to fill with smoke.

Parents were allowed to pick up their children and return them to school as soon as the building was clear.

Deer Creek School officials called parents about the evacuation at 8:40 a.m.

Officials said the school at Sorghum Mill and Penn Ave. is all clear and students can now be returned to class.

Refresh this story and watch NewsChannel 4 for the latest updates. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.