Couple arrested for passing out in unusual place

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREEN TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WLWT) – While they were supposed to be watching their children, a couple was found passed out on heroin in a McDonalds.

According to a report, an Indiana couple is facing charges after police said they were found passed out on a “life-threatening” heroin overdose inside of a busy McDonald’s play area.

Court documents reveal that Robert Palmer, 37, and Tamica Jeffers, 33, both admitted to snorting heroin.

The couple were suppose to be watching their 8-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter in the play area when they both passed out.

Local Police Chief Bart West stated that cases like this were unusual.

“This is ridiculous. I mean, we have people sometimes that we find that have used heroin usually parked in the car that are in need of medical attention but this is unusual for the fact that they were supposed to be caring for two young children,” Green Township Police Chief Bart West said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.