Family, neighbor’s pet pig escape southwest Oklahoma City house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – A firefighter was forced to jump through a window to safety and residents, including a pig, escaped a house fire early Friday morning.

Two people in the house near S.W. 89th St. and May Ave. when the fire started were treated for breathing in too much smoke but are expected to be OK.

Crews said the fire may have been started by a woman on oxygen who was smoking.

The fire on the 8600 block of S. Drexel got so intense crews had to take a defensive stance and get out of the home.

One firefighter had to jump through a window to get out.

He wasn’t injured.

Neighbors and their pot-bellied pig were also evacuated as a precaution.

Officials said the home in the fire is a total loss valued at about $100,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.