Family of eight escapes Choctaw mobile home engulfed in flames

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHOCTAW, Okla. – A family escaped a fire early Tuesday morning after their mobile home went up in flames.

Crews were called to the 3800 block of Hazel Ave. near S.E. 29th and Hiwassee Rd. just after 6 a.m.

They said over half of the home was engulfed in flames by the time they arrived.

Officials said a neighbor called 911 and told authorities the family got out of the home and ran next door for help.

Fire crews said eight people got out unharmed.

Investigators have not confirmed how the fire started.