Woman looking for tan ‘At The Beach,’ gets fire instead

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Imagine, you’re looking for a tan but you get a burn instead.

No, not a sunburn, a fire.

According to Fire Chief Felton Morgan, a woman was inside an “At The Beach” tanning bed when it ignited Wednesday on the 6400 block of N.W. Expressway.

“The tanning bed she was in at the time was destroyed by the blaze,” Morgan said.

Officials said she was not injured but was shaken up.

Oklahoma City Fire Major Tammy Mckinney said the woman told them she heard a loud “pop noise” and saw smoke.

The fire kicked on the sprinkler system and fire crews put out the blaze.

This story was reported first by KFOR.com.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.