Grandparents save grandkids from burning home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MOORE, Okla. - Some scary moments for a Moore family after their house goes up in flames Friday morning.

It happened around 2 a.m. on Queensbury Rd. near NW 27th and Sante Fe in  Moore, Okla.

Firefighters say four people were inside the home when the fire started, including a grandmother.

According to investigators, the woman uses a wheelchair, but was asleep on the couch when a loud band woke her up.

She then told her husband who looked out the window to see both their house and car in flames.

The grandparents then got their two grandkids out of the house safely.

Firefighters say the fire did extensive damage to the house and are still trying to figure out how it started.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.