Flames shoot from roof; Family escapes fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MOORE, Okla. – Some scary moments for a Moore family Friday morning, after a fire that started in the attic.

It happened a little after 4:30 Friday morning at a large house on the 200 block of Southeast 26th Street.

Flames could be seen 1.5 miles away.

A neighbor called 911, and firefighters say the people living in the home made it out safely.

The family dog, Boxer, was trapped inside the home for two hours during the fire.

Fire crews were able to rescue him and the family was reunited a short time later.

Investigators are trying to figure out how the fire started.

 This is a developing story.  Please refresh this page often for updates.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.