Oklahoma traffic alerts for Labor Day weekend travelers
OKLAHOMA CITY – As Oklahomans head out on the roads to travel for the Labor Day holiday weekend, there are a bunch of traffic alerts that could put a few bumps in the road.
Before you head out on the roads, check out the following construction projects underway that could affect your travel plans across the Sooner State.
I-40 narrowed in Weatherford, Custer Co.
Drivers can expect various lane closures on east and westbound I-40 between Mile Marker 76, approximately four miles west of SH-54, and Airport Rd. (Mile Marker 84) in Weatherford for pavement resurfacing and interchange reconstruction.
I-44 ramps closed at Cache Rd./2nd St. interchange in Lawton, Comanche Co.
The following ramps are closed at the I-44/Cache Rd./2nd St. interchange for an ongoing bridge rehabilitation project:
- The eastbound I-44 off-ramp to westbound Cache Rd.
· The eastbound Cache Rd. on-ramps to east and westbound I-44
· The northbound 2ndSt. on-ramps to eastbound I-44 and westbound Cache Rd.
I-44 narrowed, ramp closed near Randlett, Cotton Co.
I-44 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between SH-36 and US-70 south of Randlett for a highway rehabilitation project. The eastbound I-44 off-ramp to US-70 is also closed. Traffic wishing to use US-70 must exit onto SH-36 at Exit 1 and travel north to US-70. Exit 1 is the last free exit before the H.E. Bailey Turnpike.
US-77 narrowed, using temporary traffic signals near Davis, Murray Co.
North and southbound US-77 is narrowed to one lane just north of SH-7 in Davis for a bridge rehabilitation project. Temporary traffic signals will direct vehicles through the work zone.
US-412 narrowed in Enid, Garfield Co.
US-412 is narrowed to one lane in each direction approximately three miles east of US-81 for a bridge rehabilitation project.
US-60 narrowed in Pawhuska, Osage Co.
US-60 is narrowed to one lane in each direction at Bird Creek in Pawhuska for a bridge rehabilitation project.
US-75 narrowed north of Henryetta, Okmulgee Co.
Southbound US-75 is narrowed to one lane between Schulter and Henryetta for pavement resurfacing.
I-40 narrowed in Sallisaw, Sequoyah Co.
East and westbound I-40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between Dwight Mission Rd. (Mile Marker 303) and US-59 (Mile Marker 308) in the Sallisaw area for pavement rehabilitation.
US-69 narrowed near Durant, Bryan Co.
US-69 is narrowed to one lane in each direction at Washington Ave. in Durant for a bridge rehabilitation project.
Oklahoma City Metro
I-40 ramp from SH-4 (Mustang Rd.) closed in Yukon
The westbound I-40 on-ramp from SH-4 (Mustang Rd.) is closed as part of ongoing I-40 reconstruction and widening and reconstruction of the SH-4 (Mustang Rd.) bridge and ramps. The westbound I-40 on-ramp from N.W. 10th St. is now open.
I-44 ramp closed at SH-37 West in Newcastle
The eastbound I-44 (runs north) off-ramp to SH-37 West is closed for a bridge overlay project. Drivers must locate an alternate route.
I-35 lanes open in Norman, work continues at SH-9 East
All lanes of north and southbound I-35 are open between Lindsey St. and the South Canadian River in Norman for ongoing reconstruction of the I-35/SH-9 East interchange, however drivers can expect delays during peak travel times as speed limits are reduced.
SH-9 narrowed east of US-77 in Norman
East and westbound SH-9 remains narrowed to one lane in each direction between 24th Ave. S.E. and 36th Ave. S.E. for highway reconstruction and widening. Drivers are asked to be alert to narrowed driving lanes and more frequent stops.
The following city streets are also affected:
- North and southbound 36thAve. S.E. closed south of SH-9
· John Saxon Blvd. traffic shifted at SH-9
· North and southbound 24thAve. S.E. narrowed to one lane
· North and southbound Technology Dr. narrowed to one lane
I-244/Arkansas River – bridge replacement project
For a map of this construction zone visit: www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/traffax/tulsa
Lane and ramp closures until further notice include:
- The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to eastbound I-244 (south leg to west leg IDL); follow detour at the southeast corner of the IDL to east and north legs.
· East and westbound I-244 is narrowed to two lanes in each direction between 21stSt. to 2ndSt.; all traffic is shifted to the westbound I-244 bridge.
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 off-ramp to westbound I-244/southbound US-75 (south leg IDL to Arkansas River)
· The southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 on-ramp from Denver Avenue.
· The westbound I-244 off-ramp to eastbound US-64/SH-51 (west leg to south leg IDL)
· The eastbound I-244 ramp to 7th Street and the eastbound I-244 ramp from 17th Street.
SH-151 closed at Keystone Dam near Mannford
SH-151 is closed to through traffic between the SH-51 and US-412/US-64 junctions for a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers bridge project. Drivers can use SH-48 or SH-97/SH-51 as a detour during this project.
For turnpike information, call the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority at 405-425-3600 or visit pikepass.com.