Update: Worker is dead after being trapped under OKC house

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATE: 9/17/2014 1:04

OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities say the man who was trapped under a house has died.

Emergency crews on scene suspected he was possibly electrocuted while working under a crawl space in the house.

 

OKLAHOMA CITY – Emergency crews are responding to a possible electrocution of a worker in Oklahoma City.

It happened at a home on the 1800 block of W. Park Place, which is near NW 10th and Pennsylvania.

Emergency crews report the man was working on a plumbing line and was trapped underneath the house in a crawl space.

Power has been shut off at the home, as well as other homes in the area.

Rescue crews say they look for stabilizing the patient, the structure, and the environment when faced with similar emergency situations.

Firefighters say they have ripped up the flooring and pulled the man out and now EMSA is evaluating the man’s condition.

NewsChannel 4 has crews on the scene.

This is developing story. Please refresh this page often for updates.

 

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.