Forbes releases rankings of wealthiest Americans, five Oklahomans make the list
OKLAHOMA CITY – Forbes has just released its list of the wealthiest people in America, which includes a handful of Oklahomans.
According to Forbes, the richest people in the United States keep getting richer.
To make it onto ‘The Forbes 400,’ which is a list of the 400 wealthiest people in the country, you would have to make at least $1.55 billion.
Organizers say that is the highest number it has been since Forbes started tracking American wealth in 1982.
Researchers say 113 U.S. billionaires didn’t make the cut.
For the 21st year in a row, Bill Gates is the richest person in America.
He is worth approximately $81 billion.
The Oklahoma-natives who made the list are as follows:
- #25 Harold Hamm, who is worth $17.5 billion
- #42 George Kaiser, who is worth $10.5 billion
- #103 David Green, who is worth $4.9 billion
- #143 Lynn Schusterman, who is worth $3.8 billion
- #173 Tom & Judy Love, who are worth $3.2 billion
All together, the 400 wealthiest Americans are worth $2.29 trillion, which equals the gross domestic product of Brazil.