Oklahoma City MAPS 4 Election Results

Oops: ‘All I could see was his feet’ curious toddler gets stuck in unusual place

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

At 18-months-old, Colin Lambert’s family says he’s a handful.

They have to lock up cabinets around the house to keep the tot from getting into tiny spaces.

Well he found himself in one Tuesday, and the fire department had to come get him out.

These particular shots are from Tuesday when the 18 month old got himself stuck in a toy vending machine. Colin’s grandmother was watching him, but she looked away for just a moment.

“I got a text message, looked down flicked it, looked down and didn’t hear the bang, and with Colin, you have to hear the bang or you don’t see him for another 10 seconds,” said Diane O’Neill, the grandmother of Colin. “All I could see was his feet, he had already called in. I grabbed his feet and he kicked my hand and he got in climbed up and over glass partition and sat down in the toys.”

Diane said her grandson loves crawling into and onto just about everything he can, so she wasn’t surprised when he got in, but she was worried about dangers inside the machine.

“My biggest fear was that he was going to climb back over and try to get out the plastic they had that held the toys in is cracked and broken in several places I was afraid he was going to try to climb over and get hurt”

Diane quickly called the police and her daughter who was sleeping after a long day at work.

“She shows up at my house at 5 o’clock and wakes me up. So here’s the thing I called the fire department and goes into this long explanation and I said all I want to know is my kid ok?” said Colin’s mother. “She shows me the picture and my husband and I start laughing because we’re not surprised it was a matter of time he did something like this I figured.”

Back inside the Laundromat, you can see the machine Colin got stuck in. Today it’s held together by duct tape. Colin’s grandmother said Maryville firefighters did let him have one toy to take home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.