Update: Man charged with murder after wife found shot to death

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATE (Dec. 8) : The Oklahoma County District Attorney officially filed a first-degree murder charge against Kinney Glasson.

Glasson is accused of intentionally shooting and killing his wife last month.

He originally told officers that he was trying to fight off an intruder when he accidentally shot and killed Erin Glasson.

However, authorities say they found no signs of a break-in at the Glasson residence.


OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma City man is behind bars after his wife was found shot to death inside the couple's home.

Originally, 33-year-old Kinney Glasson told officers that he awoke to find an intruder inside his home.

He says the intruder was in the couple's bedroom and was moving toward them.

Glasson said he was forced to make a split-second decision and reached for his gun.

"At that point, he retrieved his pistol and that was when he fired a shot and accidentally hit his wife. That's the story that he told officers at the time," said MSgt. Gary Knight, with the Oklahoma City Police Department.

Glasson told officers that the intruder hit his arm, causing him to accidentally pull the trigger and shoot his wife, Erin.

Erin Glasson, 41, was pronounced dead from a gunshot wound.

On Monday, officers arrested Kinney Glasson for his wife's murder.

Police investigators say there were a few problems with Glasson's story about an intruder.

Authorities say they found no signs of a break-in at the couple's home.

Also, when detectives interviewed Glasson, he told investigators that he had a mistress.

According to a police affidavit, Glasson admitted to detectives that he was having an affair with a woman who is currently being held at the Stephens County Jail.

When officers met with the woman, she allegedly told them that Glasson claimed he was getting a divorce and they would be together when she was released from jail.

Glasson's mistress told police they had been together since June.

Sources told NewsChannel 4 that they met at the Double D Saloon, where the woman worked as an exotic dancer.

She also provided them with letters from Glasson, stating his divorce would be finalized in January.

He even told her he was raising money to bail her out of jail.

It's a double life that is still hard for those close to the couple to accept.

"You never know what goes on behind closed doors," said Linda Piro.

Kinney and Erin have a young daughter who is now staying with family members.

Glasson remains at the Oklahoma County Jail.

He is facing a first-degree murder charge.

Police now have 10 days to turn the case over to the district attorney.

See a mistake? Report a typo here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.