Oklahoma Watches and Warnings
Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Update: Two Oklahoma City officers recovering after traffic stop leads to shooting

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATED: An Oklahoma City police officer is recovering after being shot by a man during a traffic stop.

Just before 11 p.m. on Monday,  Sgt. Jason Burgess stopped a vehicle near N.W. 12th St. and Rockwell Ave.

Sgt. Burgess walked up to the car and spoke with the three people inside the vehicle.

After running their information, Sgt. Burgess learned that the driver, 24-year-old Renarbrey Jones, and one of the passengers, 32-year-old Roger Gurley, Jr., had outstanding warrants.

At that point, officials say Sgt. Burgess called for backup.

When other patrol units arrived, they took Jones into custody.

As she was being handcuffed, officers say 24-year-old Lincoln Price got out of the car, pulled out a semi-automatic weapon and began shooting at police.

“As they were approaching the vehicle, that’s when the shooter exited his vehicle and began shooting at officers immediately,” said Capt. Paco Balderrama, with the Oklahoma City Police Department.

Sgt. Burgesswas shot in the leg and another officer, Sgt. Jonathan Davis, suffered a hand and finger injury.

Lincoln Price Courtesy: Oklahoma County Jail

Lincoln Price
Courtesy: Oklahoma County Jail

The bullets also damaged two police cars.

Officers returned fire and killed Price.

Sgt. Burgess was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and released.

Sgt. Davis was treated at the scene.

Gurley and Jones were both taken into custody.

All four officers will be placed on routine administrative leave pending a full investigation.


Read original story:

OKLAHOMA CITY – A police officer was shot in northwest Oklahoma City Monday night.

Initial reports indicate the officer was shot in the ankle just before 11:00 p.m.

The officer was transported to a local hospital.

According to scanner traffic, three suspects are in custody.

One of the suspects was shot by the police officer.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.


See a typo? Report it here.