Here’s your complete guide to restaurants, stores, and more open Christmas Day 2014
So, what’s open and closed on Christmas Christmas Day ? Look no further!
GOBankingRates created a guide of holiday hours for popular restaurants, retailers, supermarkets, and post offices during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year.
This will come in handy if you need some last-minute gifts or forgot something to add to your holiday feast.
*** Make sure you call your location to confirm the hours of operation.***
Most franchise restaurants are open on Christmas Eve.
There are some restaurants opening their doors on Christmas Day, too.
This list from GOBankingRates is based on past year’s lists.
Hours for these restaurants vary by location, so call your nearest location before making the trip.
By the way, Denny’s is the one restaurant that has confirmed to GOBankingRates they will have 24/7 service for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2014.
- Burger King
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Jack in the Box
- Panda Express
- Pizza Hut
- Sonic Drive-In
- Starbucks Coffee
- Taco Bell
- Waffle House
Grocery Stores Open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
If you run out of cranberry sauce or egg nog for your Christmas feast, you may need to run out to the grocery store.
Good news! There are a few places open based on 2013 data, but make sure you call your location to make sure.
Christmas Eve hours:
- Albertsons: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- CVS: Open until 10 p.m.
- Kroger: Open until 6 p.m.
- Publix: Open until 7 p.m.
- Rite Aid: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Walgreens: Open until Midnight.
- Whole Foods: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Christmas Day grocery store hours (based on 2013 data):
- Albertsons: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- CVS: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fresh & Easy: 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Rite Aid: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walgreens: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Holiday store hours Christmas Eve 2014
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Barnes & Noble: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Best Buy: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- BJ’s Wholesale: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Costco: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- GameStop: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Hobby Lobby: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- JCPenney: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Kohl’s: 12 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Macy’s: Open until 6 p.m.
- Office Depot/Max: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sears: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Target: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Toys”R”Us: 12 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Retail Stores Closed on Christmas Day 2014
- Apple Store
- Barnes & Noble
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- Big Lots
- BJ’s Wholesale
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Dollar General
- Hobby Lobby
- Old Navy
- Office Depot/Max