Police arrest man accused of threatening OKC police officers on social media

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY-- Oklahoma City police officers' say their lives were threatened online.

The man allegedly behind the social media outbursts, 19-year-old, Tayvon Railback is now behind bars.

"Bust some shots at a cop and watch his body fall #BangBang," that's what a chilling post police found on Facebook translates to.

The alleged post was made under the name "FoeGang Taee."

"These are serious threats; we take them seriously whether they are aimed at police officers or anyone in society," MSgt. Gary Knight with OKCPD says.

Police got word of the alleged threats, and within hours, their Facebook post generated more than 2,000 shares.

"Clearly, that's a violation of the law. It doesn't just apply to police officers, but anybody in society. You can't just post threats to go murder somebody," Knight said.

"I think that that is terrifying to think that someone would target them just because of their uniform. I don't think that's fair," Sarah Jensen, a metro woman says. She's been dating a metro-officer for about a year now.

"As a loved one, it's really hard to hear that people want to target officers that necessarily haven't done anything wrong," Jensen said.

Since Friday's news about the ambushed New York City Officers, she's been on heightened alert, and today it hit too close to home.

"These people are people too, they have families, they have friends that they want to come home to every night," Jensen said.

Tonight, she's glad the person allegedly behind the Oklahoma City threats is behind bars. But she knows it won't be the last threat she or her loved one faces.

"I think it's scary, but at the end of the day, I know he loves what he does. I mean, he became a police officer because he truly wants to serve his community," Jensen said.

This isn't Railback's first run-in with the law.

He was previously charged with first degree murder and shooting with intent to kill, for a drive by shooting that left a 15-year-old dead.

Charges were dismissed pending a further investigation.

See a mistake? Report a typo here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.