UPDATE: Terror suspects accused in Paris massacre dead, 4 hostages killed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

French police published the names and photographs of 2 suspects wanted in connection with the Paris terror attack Wednesday, Jan 7, 2015: Cherif Kouachi and Said Kouachi.

UPDATE: Israeli officials say four hostages were killed during the standoff with police at a kosher grocery store on Friday.

While those four people died, 15 other hostages were able to escape.

PARIS (CNN) –  Authorities in Paris say the Kouachi brothers, who were accused of murdering 12 people at the offices of Charlie Hebdo, have been killed following a standoff with officers.

On Friday, officials say Cherif Kouachi and Said Kouachi took over a Dammartin-en-Goele printing business.

Witnesses say the brothers walked into the business Friday and were heavily armed.

One man said he believed they were police officers.

However, he learned something was wrong as he was leaving the building.

The man, who identified himself as Didier, said one of the armed men said, ” Go, we don’t kill civilians.”

Negotiators were trying to establish a dialogue with the brothers.

Yves Albarello, who is a part of France’s parliament, said on iTele that the two suspects told police they wanted to die as martyrs.

According to CNN, one person was being held hostage at the printing business.

Residents in the town have been told to stay inside, shops have been ordered to close and schools are on lockdown.

In another part of town, officers were involved in a standoff with 32-year-old Amedy Coulibaly.

Coulibaly was wanted in Thursday’s deadly shooting of a policewoman south of Paris.

Authorities say Coulibaly was holding five people hostage in a Jewish grocery store.

After negotiators made contact with both parties, they learned the standoffs were connected.

Police negotiators say Coulibaly told them the hostages would all be killed if they stormed the printing business where the Kouachi brothers were surrounded.

He called for the Kouachi brothers to be set free.

Officers decided to storm both locations simultaneously, so the extremists wouldn’t have time to contact each other over the phone.

Witnesses reported hearing gunfire and explosions at both standoff locations on Friday evening.

According to the BBC, the Kouachi brothers “came out firing” on security forces.

Area authorities are reporting that the Kouachi brothers were killed as police stormed the printing business.

Media reports and the mayor are saying that Coulibaly was also killed.

Hostages at both locations were freed.

See a  mistake? Report a typo here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.