15 things you need to prepare for severe weather
OKLAHOMA CITY – Storm season is in full swing, and EMSA wants to make sure you are prepared for severe weather.
EMSA paramedics say you should pick a place where family members could gather if a tornado is headed your way.
If you don’t have a basement, then use a center hallway, bathroom, closet, or go under the stairs.
Here are the 15 things EMSA paramedics say you need to create your own tornado survival kit:
- 3 day supply of water (one gallon per person, per day)
- All current prescription medications (oxygen tank for those who need it)
- First aid kit (make sure you have antiseptic cleansers)
- Food that won’t spoil, and a can opener
- Trash bags
- Battery-powered weather radio, extra batteries.
- One change of clothes and footwear per person
- One blanket or sleeping bag per person
- Extra set of car keys
- Cash or credit card
- Special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members and pets
- Written instructions on how to turn off electricity, gas and water
- Make copies of your important documents and papers
- Cell phone