Flooding closes roads, highways around the state
The rain won’t quit, and Oklahoma is gearing up for severe weather once again.
High water and flooding has caused officials across the state to close various roads and highways to protect drivers.
Do not drive into high water. If possible, turn around.
Drivers are cautioned to heed warning signs and to not drive around barricades.
- Hwy 80 is closed about four miles west of Hulbert between Hwy 51 and U.S. 62.
- Hwy 70 is closed east of Boswell at the Muddy Boggy River between Soper and Boswell.
- Hwy 109 is closed from the U.S. 271/ Hwy 109 junction west five miles.
- Hwy 109 is closed three miles south of the U.S. 70 junction and six miles east of U.S. 271.
- U.S. 271 is narrowed to one lane in each direction just north of the Red River bridge.
- Hwy 5B at West Cache Creek, between U.S. 70 and Hwy 5A.
- Hwy 11 is closed between U.S. 81 in Medford to Hwy 132.
- Hwy 32 is closed near Ryan, detour using U.S. 81 or Hwy 89 to U.S. 70.
- U.S. 377/ Hwy 99 is closed to through traffic just south of Tishomingo. Traffic is detoured on Hwy 1/ Hwy 22 through Ravia and U.S. 177/ Hwy 199.
- Hwy 22 is closed to through traffic between Hwy 78 and Nida.
- Hwy 33 approximately 3 miles west of Hwy 74F junction.
- Hwy 54 is closed to through traffic just south of Hwy 9 near Gotebo. Traffic is detoured using Hwy 19 to U.S. 183 to Hwy 55. This closure is expected to last into next week.
- Hwy 2 south of Yanish has some water over the road.
- U.S. 270 is closed just south of the junction with U.S. 271 between Wiser and Heavener due to flooding at Wister Lake. Signs are in place and traffic will be detoured to Poteau and Heavener.
- Hwy 1 is closed between U.S. 271 and U.S. 259.
- U.S. 70 Roosevelt bridge over Lake Texoma is closed due to low visibility.
- Hwy 32 near Lebanon is closed.
- Hwy 199 is closed at the Ft. Washita bridge approximately five miles west of Hwy 48.
- Hwy 133 between Hwy 19 and Hwy 59.
- Hwy 259A in Beaver’s Bend State Park is closed.
- Hwy 87 is closed from the Arkansas state line west to U.S. 259.
- U.S. 259 at the Red River is closed on the Texas side. Drivers are encouraged to find an alternate route into Texas.
- Hwy 48 is closed south of the I-40 junction Nowata County.
- Hwy 125 is closed at River View Park at the Neosho River near Miami.
- SH-63 east of Krebs near Bache east to Haileyville
- SH-13 between US-69B and Canadian is closed
- Hwy 102 from Hwy 9 south to Tribbey.
- U.S. 271 is closed south of Clayton, detour available on Hwy 2 from Antlers to Clayton.
- Hwy 3 is closed between Antlers and Rattan Landing.
- Hwy 43 is closed at Sardis Dam.
- Hwy 11 is closed just north of the Hwy 20 junction. Traffic detoured to use SH-20, US-75, US-60 and SH-123/SH-11 through Washington Co.