Woman bites into doughnut reportedly gets nasty surprise

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GLASGOW, United Kingdom–A woman in the UK who bit into a Krispy Kreme doughnut got a nasty surprise.

When Ria Findlay bit into her caramel doughnut, she also took a bite of a latex glove, according to The Mirror.

Findlay told The Mirror that she was excited about trying a doughnut that didn’t have a hole.

“As it was my first, I was discussing flavours of the filling with my colleague next to me,” she told The Mirror. “It was like: ‘Oooh there’s caramel, and cream and oh what’s this blue stuff?’”

They soon realized the “blue stuff” was actually a latex prep glove.

“Being 7 months pregnant, my gag reflex was in overload,” Findlay told The Mirror.

A Krispy Kreme spokeswoman released the following statement:

“We are extremely sorry to hear about this incident. We take our food hygiene very seriously and are currently conducting a full investigation into the matter.

Krispy Kreme has an exemplary food safety record and we endeavour to take care at all stages of our food production process to ensure that products are produced in a hygienic and safe manner.

Once our investigations are complete, we will write to the customer to advise her of our findings.”

Report a typo

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.