A man who was placed in a medically induced coma after taking drugs at a music festival is now raising awareness about drug use.
Jordan Blackburn told BBC News that he fell ill after abusing drugs at a music festival on July 31.
His friend Christian Pay died from the drugs they took.
The group of friends reportedly took three different types of tablets at the festival, according to BBC News.
Blackburn, 20, shared the photo to show the “devastating” impact of taking unknown substances.
Blackburn was hospitalized for three days.
“I don’t have much recollection, I think because it was such a traumatic event. It was really awful,” he told BBC. “I think at festivals especially, teenagers just want to have a good time with all their friends and they initially forget the dangers they can put themselves in by doing something stupid like we did.”
Blackburn is hoping his story will keep others from making his same mistake.
“You never realize until it’s too late. You never think at that moment it is ever going to happen to you, but unfortunately you learn the hard way,” he told BBC.