Toddler dies after being left in 200 degree heat inside car

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PECOS, Texas – A 17-month-old child is dead after being left inside a hot car in Texas.

The mother admitted to investigators that she forgot to take the toddler out of the car in the heat of the day.

“Her, the infant that passed away, two other kids, and the father left the residence so she could take the father to work. When she dropped the father off and came back to the residence, her and the two other children got out of the car,” said Chief Clay McKinney, with the Pecos Police Department.

However, 17-month-old Avrian Villalobos was left inside the car.

Police say the child’s mother, 21-year-old Annabelle Millan, realized her mistake about an hour later.

When she found Avrian, he was unconscious and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

The police chief told KWES that when officers tested the car, it registered at 200 degrees.

“It just does not take long for a vehicle to get hot enough to cause a death,” said McKinney.

So far, no charges have been filed in the case.

See a mistake? Report a typo here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.