Oklahoma City firefighters rescued an iguana and a couple of cats from a house fire Wednesday.
Earlier that day, a city utility worker was knocking on the front door of the house, located near NW 63rd and Meridian, when he smelled smoke and saw a cat repeatedly hitting the window from inside.
The worker quickly called 911, and firefighters rushed to put out a fire that had sparked in one of the bedrooms.
Luckily, none of the residents were in the house at the time, but crews did find a few pets and were able to get them out safely.
Only one of the cats required some oxygen.
"I'm just glad everyone is okay and, as far as the fires go, this is probably the best case scenario - that all the animals are okay, and we were not at home," resident Paulina Thompson said. "My daughter was at school, so everyone is fine.
Thompson was grateful to both the utility worker and firefighters.