OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City Thunder revealed a third alternate uniform for the 2015-2016 season on Friday.
According to a press release from the Thunder, the new uniform’s bold color pairs with “OKC” in navy block lettering on the front to showcase the team’s hometown pride and reflect the saturated, blended colors of the Oklahoma skies at sunset.
“This new uniform not only features another of our primary team colors, it also reinforces the strong connection our team has to our hometown and home state,” said Brian Byrnes, Thunder senior vice president of Sales and Marketing. “The ‘OKC’ on the front of the jersey echoes the chant that rings through Chesapeake Energy Arena during Thunder home games. This sunset-colored uniform adds a fresh perspective on the identity our team has built over the past seven seasons.”
The team will wear the sunset alternates for 18 games this season.
The home white and road Thunder blue uniforms will remain the team’s primary options.
The team will first wear its new sunset-colored alternates on Sunday, Nov. 1, at Chesapeake Energy Arena against the Denver Nuggets.
Thunder officials say fans can pre-order the sunset jerseys online.
The full schedule for when the team plans to wear the sunset alternate is as follows (home games in bold):
- Sunday, Nov. 1, vs. Denver Nuggets
- Sunday, Nov. 8, vs. Phoenix Suns
- Sunday, Nov. 15, vs. Boston Celtics
- Sunday, Nov. 22, vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Sunday, Dec. 6, vs. Sacramento Kings
- Sunday, Dec. 13, vs. Utah Jazz
- Sunday, Dec. 27, vs. Denver Nuggets
- Wednesday, Jan. 6, vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Sunday, Jan. 10, at Portland Trail Blazers
- Sunday, Jan. 17, vs. Miami Heat
- Sunday, Jan. 24, at Brooklyn Nets
- Saturday, Feb. 6, at Golden State Warriors
- Sunday, Feb. 21, vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
- Sunday, March 6, at Milwaukee Bucks
- Wednesday, March 16, at Boston Celtics
- Monday, March 28, at Toronto Raptors
- Sunday, April 3, at Houston Rockets
- Saturday, April 9, at Sacramento Kings