WHITE HOUSE, Tenn. – Brandon and April Gorley recently received a call that no homeowner wants to get.
The couple had traveled to Gulf Shores when they got a call saying their house, in the town of White House, was on fire.
Immediately, they turned around and began driving to their property.
While they were safe from the flames, their 82 pound Bouvier dog, Sampson, was not.
In fact, he was trapped inside the burning home.
Fortunately, a passerby decided to take matters into his own hands.
Tawater was off-duty and saw the smoke coming from the home.
Tawater ran into the house and came out with Sampson.
“He didn’t have to go into a house that was on fire,” Brandon Gorley said. “Deeply, deeply appreciate him being there.”