Winter weather leaves thousands of Oklahomans without power
OKLAHOMA – This winter weather has left thousands of Oklahomans in the dark.
As of 9:45PM:
OG&E says they are working to restore power throughout Oklahoma
With winter weather coming around more often, there are some steps you can take to make life without power a little bit easier. Here are some tips from the American Red Cross about how to handle a power outage.
- During a power outage, keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. First use perishable food from the refrigerator, then use food from the freezer.
- If it looks like the power outage will continue beyond a day, prepare a cooler with ice for your freezer items. Keep other foods in a dry, cool spot and keep it covered at all times.
- Turn off and unplug all unnecessary electrical equipment, including sensitive electronics. Also turn off or disconnect any appliances (like stoves), equipment or electronics you were using when the power went out. When power comes back on, surges or spikes can damage equipment.
- Leave one light turned on so you’ll know when the power comes back on.
- Eliminate unnecessary travel, especially by car. Traffic lights will be out and roads will be congested.