Firefighters rescue dog trapped inside burning home in Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY – Firefighters rescued a four-legged resident who was trapped inside a burning home on Wednesday morning.
The fire started around 2:45 a.m. on Wednesday morning near N.W. 100th St. and Western.
All the human residents were able to make it safely out of the home after being awoken by a smoke detector.
However, the family’s dog was still trapped inside the home.
Fortunately, firefighters found the dog and brought him to safety in the front yard.
Several crews gave the pup oxygen to help it breathe, and they expect it to be just fine.
The fire was contained to a bedroom but there is smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the house.