OKLAHOMA CITY - It's an iconic recipe from a legendary Oklahoma City restaurant.
It's a history lesson for some, a fond memory for others but it is delicious for everyone.
The Cellar Breast of Chicken Salad
- 4 cups cooked, diced boneless skinless breast of chicken (You can remove skin and use the white meat of rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery, not too large
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1½ cups seedless purple grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 T. Fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tabasco and Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, stiffly whipped
- ½ cup sliced blanched almonds, oven toasted plus additional for garnish.
In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients except the whipped cream. Taste for seasoning.
Fold the mixture with the whipped cream until well mixed.
Present on a bed of Bibb lettuce leaves, sprinkle with additional almonds.