Fans who couldn’t get enough of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” at movie theaters will soon be able to get their fix at home theaters.
Robert A. Iger, chief executive of Walt Disney Company, announced during a shareholders meeting Thursday the film will be available for digital download Friday, April, 1.
The film will also be released on Blu-Ray and DVD Tuesday, April 5.
Among the supplemental material accompanying the release:
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Plus Deleted Scenes, according to the official Star Wars website.
The 3D version of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” will be available later this year.
“The Force Awakens” is the highest-grossing film in the United States, earning more than $925 million.