90-year-old man escapes from burning home in S.W. Oklahoma City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY - A 90-year-old man escaped from a burning home early Tuesday morning.

Around 4 a.m., firefighters were called to the 2400 block of S.W. 33rd St.

When crews arrived, smoke was showing from the front of the single-story home.

Firefighters entered the home and were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

The resident, a 90-year-old man, was able to make it out of the home safely.

He was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation.

He was later transported to a local hospital for further evaluation.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen on the stove.

No word on estimated damage at this time.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.