WEWOKA, Okla. - Disturbing new details were released late Tuesday afternoon in the case of 9-year-old Colton Clark, who had been missing from Seminole county for 10 years.
On April 20, 2006, police said Colton disappeared from his Seminole home.
He was reported missing by his foster-mother and aunt, Rebecca Clark.
Rescue crews and authorities searched for days around the Clark’s property but never found any signs of Colton.
In September of 2015, the case was reopened by the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations.
On Friday, the Seminole County district attorney announced Rebecca and Rex Clark were arrested in connection with Colton’s disappearance.
After new evidence from the multi-county grand jury, a judge signed a search warrant for the Clarks' property.
He also signed arrest warrants for the Clarks for first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit a felony, child abuse and child neglect.
Rex and Rebecca had their initial appearance in Seminole County on Tuesday afternoon, just hours before arrest affidavits were filed.
The arrest affidavits and search warrant were finally filed late Tuesday afternoon and revealed disturbing details of alleged abuse by Rex and Rebecca on Colton and his brother, Homer.
The affidavit states "Rex used a red and white electric cattle prod to create an electrical shock to Homer and Colton's genitals."
Homer told investigators about a brutal beating in early March 2006 after the Clarks accused Colton of stealing a turquoise ring.
Homer said he saw Colton on the couch afterward, and his face was "black and blue."
He told investigators he was not sure whether or not Colton was breathing.
When he came out later, "Colton was not on the couch."
Investigators said "Homer was brainwashed to tell the story that Colton had run away."
The search of the Clarks' property continues.
According to the arrest affidavit, investigators believe Colton's body may have been buried under a hay bale.
The Clarks remain in jail on $3 million bond each.