OKLAHOMA - Summer is here, salads are crisp and dressings should be fresh!
This dressing (which is also fantastic on pizza or as a dip) is an Oklahoma staple, but few people spend the few minutes it takes to actually make it from scratch.
Avoid the preservatives, punt the packet and kick the bottle with this inexpensive, outstanding compliment to salads and so much more!
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 T Cider Vinegar
- 1 t Onion Powder
- 1 t Ground Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 T Dried Dill Weed
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 t Pepper
- 2 T Minced Green Onion (including green stem - about 2 onions)
- Whisk or shake together Buttermilk and Mayo thoroughly.
- Add Vinegar and continue whisking/shaking until thoroughly blended.
- Using flat side of knife or mortar/pestle, mash the minced garlic, salt and mustard together.
- It should make a 'paste.'
- Add to Buttermilk mixture and whisk/shake.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- This recipe will yield roughly 20oz or 2.5 Cups.
- Will keep for a week.