OKLAHOMA CITY - Beat the heat with this deliciously popular entrée salad. It's easy, hearty and kids love it!
- 16oz Whole Wheat Pasta (Elbow, Shells, Rotini or Penne)
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1lb Bacon, cooked and crumbled. (Reasonably chunky)
- 12 oz Kyle's Garlic Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste.
- 1 head green leaf or romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta; cook until tender (6-9 minutes.) Drain, rinse and place in bowl. Add olive oil, toss, cover and refrigerate.
Cook bacon in skillet or on baking sheet in preheated, 400 degree oven to desired doneness. Drain and crumble/chop into somewhat chunky pieces.
Chop one small red onion. Coarsely chop 3 tomatoes.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, onion, bacon and dressing. Just before serving add tomato and either fold in lettuce, or serve salad on a bed of lettuce.
Top with black pepper to taste.
Serves 6-8 as an entrée.