OKLAHOMA CITY– The Oklahoma City Fire Department was called just after 10:30 a.m. to the neighborhood Walmart store at 4900 S. Sooner Road, to treat several people who had been stung by bees.
Oklahoma City Animal Control’s assistance has been requested to remove the hives.
Authorities are reporting that two parties met in the parking lot to complete a transaction and exchange of a beehive, when the hive inadvertently released the bees.
In all, three hives were disturbed and two individuals have been transported to the hospital for medical attention. A third person may need to be transported as well.
One firefighter was stung but did not require medical assistance.
The parking lot has been shut down and authorities are encouraging people to avoid the area.