Fire crews: Baker Hughes evacuated after lithium battery overheats

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Workers at an Oklahoma City facility were forced to evacuate following a battery overheating on Thursday morning.

Shortly before 12 p.m. on Thursday, emergency crews were called to N.W. 122nd St. and Santa Fe Ave. on a possible battery explosion.

Officials with the Oklahoma City Fire Department say the lithium battery is used to power equipment.

Authorities indicate the battery at Baker Hughes began overheating, so they decided to evacuate the building.

Fortunately, no injuries are being reported.