Holiday mailing and shipping deadlines to remember
With the holidays quickly approaching, there are important dates you need to know this season.
To ensure a timely delivery of cards, letters, and packages within the United States by Dec. 25, the Postal Service recommends shipping your items early.
Mail-by dates for domestic services are:
- Dec. 15- USPS retail ground
- Ground service for less-than-urgent deliveries and over-sized packages
- Dec. 20- First class mail
- Service for standard-sized, single-piece envelopes and small packages weighing up to 13 ounces with delivery in 3 business days or less.
- Dec. 21- Priority mail
- Domestic service in 1, 2, or 3 business days based on where the package is mailed and where it’s being sent, variety of flat-rate options.
- Dec. 23- Priority mail express
- Fastest domestic service, guaranteed overnight scheduled delivery to most locations.
*Reminder: All packages weighing more than 13 ounces with only stamps as postage, cannot be deposited in collection boxes or given to letter carriers. These packages must be presented to a Postal Service employee at a retail window counter.
You will also find shipping supplies in multiple sizes at local post offices or online.