OKLAHOMA CITY- Who doesn’t love a great sugar cookie?
They are easy, super good and fun to decorate no matter the holiday or occasion.
Cheryl Davenort with Belle Kitchen has an easy recipe for you.
• 42g egg whites
• 227g powdered sugar
• 3g vanilla extract
• Combine egg whites and vanilla and beat until frothy
• Add powdered sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and mixture forms stiff glossy peaks
• Add food color if desired
Sugar Cookie Recipe
• 210g all purpose flour 113g softened butter
• 2g baking powder 150g sugar
• 2g salt 1 egg
• 4g vanilla extract
• Cream butter and sugar together
• Add in egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 20-30 seconds
• Add all dry ingredients
• Mix on low speed for 30 seconds until blended
• Chill dough for 1 hour
• Roll out and cut dough
• Bake at 325 for 6-8 min
• Cool completely before icing
A family baking class is being offered November 4 from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.
It will be a hands on baking class for moms, dads and little ones.
The cost is $30.00 and you will need to sign-up by calling 405-430-5484.