Arrest warrant details violent crime spree that left 2 dead and 4 injured, including two Oklahoma officers

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WELLSTON, Okla. - An arrest warrant details the violent crime spree that left two dead and four injured, including two Oklahoma officers.

Around 6:30 p.m. Sunday, officers were called to reports of a shooting in Wellston, Oklahoma.

According to court documents, Michael Vance and Tony Heavner were involved in the incident.

When authorities started to question Vance and Heavner, the two reportedly started shooting at the officers.

Officer Shawn Stewart and Officer Jim Hampton.

Officer Shawn Stewart and Officer Jim Hampton.

Officer Shawn Stewart and Officer Jim Hampton were both injured.

They were transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Heavner was taken into custody, but Vance got away.

Court records state Vance stole a Wellston Police Department vehicle.

While inside the WPD vehicle, Vance recorded a video and posted it to his personal Facebook page.

In the video, Vance said he was going to steal another car and it was "going to be intense."

Vance later posted another video that shows him inside a different car.

Police believe that is when he carjacked a man at a trailer park and shot a woman as he was leaving the area.

She was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Sunday night, the stolen vehicle was located at a home near Triple X Rd. and Covell, where two people were found dead.

Monday morning, authorities identified the deceased as 55-year-old Ronald Wilkson and 54-year-old Kay Wilkson.

Authorities say the Wilksons were shot to death by their nephew, Michael Vance

Authorities say the Wilksons were shot to death by their nephew, Michael Vance

Vance is the Wilksons' nephew, officials said.

According to the arrest affidavit, Ronald was shot once with an AK-47.

He also reportedly had a large cut on his neck that officials say is consistent with an attempt to sever his head.

Kay suffered similar injuries, authorities say.

She also had a large cut on her shoulder area.

Police believe Vance attempted to remove her arm.

After allegedly killing the Wilksons, Vance stole their silver 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse with an Oklahoma license plate, 943-LQQ.

Around 2:30 a.m., a man matching Vance's description allegedly shot another man at a gas station in Sayre, Oklahoma.

Police say the suspect attempted to carjack another victim but was unsuccessful.

The 54-year-old man injured in the shooting was transported to a local hospital where he underwent surgery.

He is currently in good condition.

Authorities have not been able to locate Vance.

They believe he may have returned to Oklahoma County or Lincoln County.

Michael Vance

Michael Vance

Vance is wanted for two counts of first-degree murder, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and possession of a firearm after a felony.

According to a wanted poster released by OHP, Vance has a medical condition and may try to spread disease.

Michael Vance wanted poster

Michael Vance wanted poster

If you know of his whereabouts, call police immediately.

Do not approach the suspect.

He is considered armed and dangerous.

Police say Vance has been shot at least twice.

He was recently released from jail after being arrested for sexually assaulting a child.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.