OKLAHOMA CITY - Michael Vance was on the run for 8 days after reportedly being involved in a multi-county crime spree leaving two people dead.
He was involved in a shootout one week after the manhunt began and was killed according to law enforcement officials.
Vance was wanted for a crime spree that started Sunday night in Wellston.
He is accused of murdering two family members and wounding two officers along with two other people during carjackings.
Sunday, October 23
Wellston, Oklahoma in Lincoln County
Starting at approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Wellston officers responded to a shots fired call at property in Lincoln County owned by Tony Heavner.
- Michael Vance allegedly opens fire on officers.
- Officers Shawn Stewart and Jimmy Hampton return fire.
- During that shootout, Stewart and Hampton are hit.
- Hampton is shot in the foot and Stewart is shot several times in the legs.
- The injuries to officers are non-life threatening.
- Officers say Vance is shot in the battle but manages to get away in a Wellston Police vehicle.
- Vance is accused of pulling into a mobile home park and stealing a Lincoln Towncar at gunpoint from Jonathan Chouinard.
- While Vance is leaving the area he shoots Hollie Ahearn in the thigh. Her injuries are non-life threatening.
Oklahoma County, approximately 9:30 p.m.
- A relative of Ron and Kay Wilkson flags down an Oklahoma County Deputy near NE 206th and Coffee Creek Road.
- Deputies find the stolen Lincoln Towncar in the driveway.
- The Oklahoma City Police helicopter is searching the are for Vance and spots the body of Ron Wilson in the yard.
- Deputies utilize a bomb-robot to search the Wilkson's home for Vance.
- During that search officials discover the body of Kay Wilkson.
- Deputies believe Vance has left in the Wilkson's 2007 Silver Mitsubishi Eclipse, tag 943-LQQ.
Sayre, Oklahoma in Beckham County, approximately 2:30 a.m.
- A Silver Mitsubishi Eclipse is spotted at the Flying J Truck Stop in Sayre.
- A man matching Vance's description is spotted asking Randy Frost for a rag. He is then shot in the leg.
- The suspect then gets back into the Silver car and races off to I-40.
- Oklahoma County Sheriff reports Vance could be headed to California.
- Reports show Vance is headed back toward Oklahoma City.
Monday, October 24
- Arrest Warrants filed in Oklahoma County. Charges include two counts of first-degree murder, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and possession of a firearm after a felony.
Tuesday, October 25
- Oklahoma County Sheriff Whetsel says Vance has 'gone dark
- Sheriff Whetsel confirms Vance has a mental 'hit list' for these he feels has wronged him
Wednesday, October 26
- Because of safety concerns, Luther schools cancel class on Friday (Oct. 28) for funerals for Ron and Kay Wilkson. The services will be held in the school auditorium.
- Law Enforcement set up a special Tip Hotline for leads on Vance's whereabouts--405-246-9205.
- The FBI and United States Marshals Service open joint investigations into the apprehension of Michael Vance.
Thursday, October 27
- The search continues as law enforcement agencies follow-up on tips generated through newly established Tip Hotline.
- Beckham County Sheriff's Office posts on social media that there were no active searches or sightings for Vance on Thursday going on in that area . He was last seen in that county early Sunday morning. Officials also advise residents to make sure they are sharing credible information on social media since many rumors have caused fear and panic. They also ask that you remain diligent in being aware of your surroundings and being observant and report any suspicious activity.
Friday, October 28
- Funeral services for Ron and Kay Wilkson to be held at Luther school auditorium.
- Oklahoma County District Attorney files charges against Michael Vance, including two counts of first-degree murder.
Saturday, October 29
- Search continues, as law enforcement follow up on tips and leads.
Sunday, October 30
- A credible tip from a landowner led to a law enforcement search in the area near Leedy and Harmon. A search perimitter was set up.
- The Dewey County sheriff was shot during a shootout.
- After a chase and another shootout. Michael Vance was killed.